Monday, July 29, 2019

My way of Front End Interview Process

When I interview candidates then I start simple from concepts. Then I give some problem to solve. After that I get into advanced level based on experience.

Lets see what all areas I cover when I take an interview on React Front End development.

I cover areas like


  • HTML 5
  • Object Oriented Javascript from basics
  • Basics of CSS and Preprocessors
  • React/Angular
  • Unit testing
  • Accessibility
  • Design Patterns
  • Framework basics
  • ES6 and TS
  • Trends in Front End Development

The process of interview goes something like below. Introducing myself as the ambassador of my company. 

Then, Initially candidate is being asked to explain about himself, his personal and professional experience.

Then probe him to explain a particular scenario from his experience. This helps us understand whether he is real or fake.

Asking basics about the areas he already worked on. This makes him comfortable and builds a rapport.

Once he is comfortable, I start with JavaScript from basics to Object Oriented. Slowly I move to Design Patterns and deeper.

Then step in to other areas of front end development.

In the process I check if the candidate is good enough in answering the questions.
If he is lagging, I give him small cases to solve and write some logic.

In the process I verify the candidate in the areas like problem solving, logical, analytical, team leading capability, especially communication and much more.

Finally I give him a concept to come up with a complete development environment setup case study to verify if he is ready to expand from his boundaries.

No comments:

Post a Comment